Thursday, February 11, 2010

A dyeing frenzy



Having a bit of a dyeing frenzy at the moment, playing with all the colours. I dyed a quick pressie for my twin 7 month old nieces this week, just a simple singlet each and my SIL was thrilled. She rang last night and asked if I could do another 10 for them! So I will be busy, but I'm so happy she loved them :) left is a rainbow stripe, and right is a mini spiral.

I thought I'd better get the current batch of dyeing out of the way before I started so did some more this afternoon. But these are a sample of the items I dyed this week, I also dyed some more wraps and a heap of items today too. I hope I don't overload with pics!

A "set" for Kayla, I bought a plain singlet and tshirt and threw one of her existing pants into the mix too :) they turned out really well. The singlet and pants were crammed into a jar with a small amount of dye, then I squirted more into the top. The tshirt was a little spiral, hard to do on a tiny shirt but love the effect anyway.

Unfortunately these pics were all taken late of an afternoon with fading light so they don't show the true colours exactly, they are really pretty.

This one is quite washed out in this shot, it reminds me of a rainbow paddle pop lol. Although the artist (and trekkie) in me wants to call it a nebula. Basically I threw and squirted all the colours on and squished them about, very random. Love it, its mine obviously!

No comments:

Post a Comment