Friday, March 12, 2010

March Sewing challenge complete! Meet Baby Bows


This is Baby Bows, she's one of the first softies I saw and just had to make her. She was quite easy too :)

Spotlight running true to form didn't have anything like craft velour, she is actually made of swimwear lining, which works really well! My friend Chris was working so I asked her advice. She suggested the swimwear lining and its awesome stuff. She's made some amazing dolls before, usually funky looking ones (not for kids lol). Its very stretchy and is soft, though doesn't have the plush softness velour does of course. Super stretchy though and wonderful for stuffing.

All in all I'm very impressed with how she came out. She has two faces, one sleepy and the other awake. Her face didn't come out perfect but Kayla didn't care :) She loves her to bits, she won't leave her hat on though, and has given her lots of kisses and cuddles. I'll have to hunt down some more cute clothes for her too.

But I love her, Kayla does too and my March sewing challenge is complete!! Yay!

Baby Bows free tutorial is here

2 comments:

  1. That's Great

    Nikki
    xx
    http://nikkis-attic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool and thanks for the tip on the swimwear lining.

    ReplyDelete