Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Some explosions of colour

I've been flat out with some orders and some fabric experimenting. I love the way they turned out and hope I get to dye some more and get sewing soon :)

Dyeing with large pieces of fabric is much more time consuming, depending on technique used. These pics were taken in the shade so are a little darker than how they are, but in direct sunlight they were washed out. I need to find the perfect time and place for photos, the clothesline will do this time however!

This was a test on some cotton drill, several different techniques but using just mulberry, fuschia and violet dye, I did another test on some cheesecloth (not pictured) with more colours and that turned out well. It will become a rainbow skirt for one or both of the girls :)
These are also cotton drill, a custom for Maggie Made Pop over and check out her site, she has some awesome 3 in 1 baby bags that convert to a playmat and sleeping bag for on the go with baby! I can't wait to see the end result! You can also find Maggie Made on Facebook and Made It and get sneak peeks of whats coming :)







No comments:

Post a Comment